onlife Inc., a next-generation experience platform that merges virtual worlds and physical goods, has announced the first-ever physical version of one of its most iconic sneakers, the Aglet One, which can be pre-ordered in the company’s virtual game, Aglet, starting May 28.
Players who purchase the IRL shoes will also receive a specially minted NFT to mark the release, the shoes and tokens will be strictly limited for the initial run.
Earlier this month, Aglet launched NFTs as unique in-game assets, starting with the original Aglet One Low sketch, followed by an NFT version of the classic ‘OG’ colorway before publishing. the IRL version linked to the physical sneaker.
“The obvious problem with the current iteration of NFTs is that most projects are pump-and-dump schemes, with the last unfortunate participant remaining holding the bag,” said Ryan Mullins, CEO of Aglet and onlife Inc. ..
“Our intention from the start has been to integrate digital assets, and now NFTs, into your daily life as you move around the world. The primary focus is not arbitrage – there are other games NFT if your goal is to flip the latest goofy zoo animal for maximum profit.We focus on the true ownership, mobility and utility of the assets you collect when playing the game of life.
“For two years, our players have been collecting digital assets in the form of virtual sneakers, which were already non-fungible in a sense, because they could be bought, traded and sold, and using them in ways that best suit their needs, ” said Owen Batt, co-founder of onlife Inc. “We are now realizing a two-year dream to connect digital assets to the physical world with the release of the Aglet One Low sneakers that are loved and coveted by our players around the globe. .”
onlife Inc., the creator of Aglet, recently raised a new round of funding for its platform led by Galaxy Interactive and Amazon’s Alexa Fund. During 2022 and beyond, Aglet will roll out a series of NFT features coming to the gamified experience:
- First-ever Aglet NFT in-game store launched
- Digital meets physical – the first IRL sneaker store connected to Aglet NFT is launched
- In-game Airdrops – rolling out a mix of exclusive Aglet sneakers, shelf backgrounds, and apparel exclusively to Aglet NFT holders during 2022 and beyond
- Space launch of NFT: Mint and cop Aglet NFTs in Treasure Stash out in the real world
- Additional IRL sneaker outputs connected to NFT
- Players can buy and sell Aglet NFT on Aglet Marketplace
- Aglet NFT can be purchased and traded for USDC and ETH in Aglet Shop and Marketplace
- Exclusive/Early Access to Aglet Merch Launches for NFT Holders
- Aglet NFTs can be bought and sold on ImmutableX Marketplace
- Aglet NFTs can be bought and sold on Layer 1 marketplaces (OpenSea, etc.)
- Aglet Live Content Series with NFT Sneakers, Metaverses and Fixtures – Exclusive to NFT Holders
- Aglet Backpack – players can integrate wallets across multiple blockchains to manage in a single game space
Aglet’s utility and distinctive features have been executed with their ever-growing community in mind. With added NFT components, Aglet opens up to a new audience while creating deeper engagement for existing players. By creating a bustle, grind, and win loop that allows players to transact NFTs on the outside, Aglet is positioning itself to be a leader in gamified commerce while teaching valuable lessons about health and entrepreneurship to young people in its fan base.
Please connect with LinkedIn to comment